The VoLTE activation will be done automatically when your 4G SIM card is inserted into a VoLTE certified phone. This is under the condition that your smartphone is updated to the latest firmware and that you are using a 4G SIM card.
Minimum iOS version needed is 10.1. To check iOS version:
- Go to Settings > General > About > Version
How to update to iOS 10.1?
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update
How to enable VoLTE on an iPhone?
- Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Select Voice and Data
How to check if VoLTE is available on my phone?
- Go to Settings > General > About > Carrier
- Tap on Carrier, it will change to IMS Status: Voice & SMS
- Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Enable VoLTE Calls
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile network > Enable 4G and VoLTE calls
- Go to Settings > Mobile network > Enable VoLTE HD Call
For ColorOS 5.0 and above:
- Go to Settings > Dual SIM & Cellular/ SIM Card & Mobile Data > Select one SIM card > Enable VoLTE Calls
For ColorOS 3.2:
- Go to Settings > Dual SIM & Cellular > Select one SIM card > Enable VoLTE Calls
For ColorOS 3.0 & ColorOS 3.1:
- Go to Settings > Call > Enable VoLTE voice call function (HD/ VoLTE icon will appear on the status bar once VoLTE voice call function is enabled)
If you still have questions about VoLTE activation, contact us here.