1. Prepaid Account Lifecycle (How Digi Prepaid Validity Works)
Prepaid Account Lifecycle Status
- Prepaid account will be activated when a Digi Prepaid subscriber perform reload / top-up to prepaid account, thus extending its account validity to an active period
- Similarly, prepaid account will also be activated to an active period when a Digi Prepaid subscriber subscribes to an Monthly Active Internet plan or short validity On-demand Internet pass.
For example, a Digi Prepaid subscriber who subscribe to NEXT35 Monthly Active Internet plan will have the prepaid account validity extended by 30 days, which is referred to as the active period.
Grace Period (R1)
- Digi Prepaid account will go into R1 grace period upon expiry of prepaid account validity, or in other words when the active period is lapsed
- The R1 grace period serves the purpose as an interval for subscriber to reload or renew Internet plan subscription upon expiry
- During the R1 grace period, subscriber can continue to receive incoming voice calls and SMS; However, subscriber cannot make any originating voice calls, send SMS, or consume mobile data
- To reactive a prepaid account in R1 grace period, subscriber is required to perform any amount of reload / top-up or subscribe to any Monthly Active Internet plan or short validity On-demand Internet pass
- Duration of R1 grace period varies by prepaid rate plan. Digi Prepaid NEXT offers 60 days R1 grace period; while Digi legacy rate plans offer 90 days R1 grace period
Grace Period (R2)
- Digi Prepaid account will transition into R2 grace period, which is only one day in duration, when the R1 grace period is lapsed without any action to reactivate the prepaid account
- During R2 grace period, subscriber will not be able to receive voice calls and SMS, nor make any originating voice calls, send SMS, or consume mobile data
- To reactivate Digi Prepaid account, subscriber is required to perform a reload / top-up of any amount
- Digi Prepaid account will be terminated once R2 grace period is lapsed
- Subsequently, the prepaid account number (MSISDN) will be recycled upon termination of prepaid account
2. Prepaid Reload Validity
Each RM1 worth of prepaid reload carries 1 day account validity. In other words, a RM5 prepaid reload / top-up will extend the prepaid account validity or active period by 5 days. Similarly, a RM30 prepaid reload / top-up will extend the prepaid account validity by 30 days.
The account validity is, however, subjected to a max cap of 120 days account validity extension for prepaid reload / top-up of RM100 and above. For example, a Digi prepaid subscriber who performs a RM100 reload on 1 Jan ’21 will have the prepaid account validity extended by 120 days from 1 Jan ’21 onwards. Similarly, if the same subscriber performs another RM100 reload on the 5 Jan ’21, the prepaid account validity will be further extended by 120 days from 5 Jan ’21 onwards.
Other Amount Range: RM1-RM999
(Only applicable to assisted MSA Reload)
Max capped at 120 days for any reload amount exceeding RM100