1. Will I get notifications after purchasing?
Yes, you will get an email notification to your Google mail ID, and the app purchased will appear under the My Apps section of Google Play™ Store.
2. What is Google Play™ Store?
Google Play™ Store is a store for all Android™ apps and games, available on the web and anywhere you go. There are over 1,000,000 apps that you can select and from. They are categorized under various categories such as Games, Apps, Books, etc.
3. Can I get details of all the purchases I made in Google Play™?
You will receive notification or confirmation from Google via email on purchases made in Google Play™ Store. These notifications are sent to you in real-time after your purchase. A detailed history of your transactions on Google Play™ is also available on your Google Wallet page.
4. Are all the apps in Google Play™ Store chargeable?
No, most of the apps are free to download. However, some apps require purchase or on a Freemium basis. Freemium means the apps are free to download but have in-app purchases. In-app purchases are credits/points that you need to buy while going through the application, mostly applicable in games.
5. What happens to my purchased / downloaded apps when I switch to a new Android™ device?
As long as you are using the same Google account, the apps that you have purchased/downloaded will be detected, and you will be able to re-install without purchasing again.
6. What is Direct Billing for Google Play™?
You can now securely purchase apps in Google Play™ Store (or in-app) and pay via Digi. No credit card is required!
7. What if I want to cancel my purchase?
You can cancel the purchase as long as it is within the Google refund policy window (2 hours). From Google Play™ Store, select the purchased app, and you will see the option to Refund.
8. Who is this Google Play™ Direct Billing applicable for?
This is applicable for Digi Prepaid and Digi Postpaid mobile customers.
9. I want to find out more about purchases on Google Play™. Where can I look for information?
You can refer to:
a. Google Wallet page– to view transactions, manage payment methods and accounts.
b. Google Refunds and Returns section – helpful information and how-tos.
c. Google Refund policies– policies related to refunds for various Google Play contents.
10. How do I set it up for Direct Operator Billing?
Just follow the simple steps below for a one-time setup.
Step 1: From the app, you want to purchase, click on the price button.
Step 2: Accept the access condition.
Step 3: Click CONTINUE to set up Payment Method.
Step 4: Select Enable Digi billing.
Step 5: Enter your name and address – for billing reference.
Step 6: Select BUY to proceed with the purchase with Digi billing.
Step 7: Enter your Google password and select CONFIRM.
11. How do we prevent unwanted and accidental Direct Operator Billing Purchase?
You can refer here on how to enhance your Google Account Security on the Direct Operator Billing Purchase.
12. How do I enhance Google Account Security with extra Authentication for Direct Operator Billing Purchase?
Just follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Open the Google Play app .
Step 2: At the top right, tap the profile icon
Step 3:Tap Settings > Authentication > Require authentication for purchases via Google
Step 4: Done
13. How do I report some unrecognised charges in my mobile phone bill?
For Digital contents (ex. movies, books etc)/ Apps, In-App items within 65 days* of purchase, and user has a Google account, please fill in this form. Otherwise, please call Google phone support number Get help from Google Play - Google Play Help.
- For Apps and In-App items over 65 days of purchase, please direct to developer
- To find the way to contact app developer, please refer this article Contact an Android app's developer - Computer - Google Play Help.
14. What is the purchase limit / maximum amount that can be charged to my Digi bill?
- Daily Spend Limit will be refreshed after 12:00 am the next day.
- Monthly Spend Limit will be refreshed on the next calendar month for Digi Prepaid customers and refreshed on the next bill cycle for Digi Postpaid customers.
15. How will the charges be reflected for Prepaid and Postpaid?
For Digi Prepaid customers, purchases will be taken from your credit – please ensure you have sufficient credit. Purchases for Digi Postpaid customers will be billed in the next bill cycle.