It has come to our attention that there have been reports of a syndicate impersonating Digi sale representatives. They will contact Digi subscribers via phone calls/ WhatsApp calls to offer them attractive offers such as a Free/ 3-Month Postpaid Bill waiver.
The Fake Digi Sale Representative will request the subscribers to share their OTP in order to receive such offers. When in the background, the syndicate is actually performing top-up/ bill payment Transactions to their mobile numbers to charge their prepaid credit balance or postpaid bill. They may also login to your MyDigi app for fraudulent purposes as well.
The scam will be successful once the subscribers share the OTP with the fake Digi sale representative and the transaction amount will then be charged to the Digi subscribers’ Digi account.
Four Things to Keep in Mind:
- Do not share personal information or OTP codes with anyone, even if they claim to be Digi officers or Digi sale representatives.
- Do not click any suspicious link provided.
- Please refer to the official Digi website or Digi Stores to verify the promotions.
- Please do not believe offers that are too good to be true, especially from strangers.
- Please report any suspicious number to your mobile operator.
Sample scam link that disguised as Digi website in order to obtain customer banking login information.
To make a report on this matter, reach out to us on our Digi website by clicking here.
Rest assured that Digi is actively taking measures to ensure our customers do not fall prey to such scams.
- We have all the tips you need to keep yourself protected from phishing or scam activities just like this. Find out more here.