It has come to our attention that there have been reports of Digi Subscribers receiving SMSes from unknown numbers (e.g., Short Code, International Number or Local Number). They would present themselves from law enforcement agencies, financial institutions, courier service providers, etc.
The SMS will embed an external link, prompting Digi Subscribers to view more information. Once they click on the link, some malware will be implanted into their phone devices, triggering SMSes to be sent out automatically to another mobile number without their knowledge and consent.
Screenshot of the Fake SMSes as below:
We strongly advise that customers
- Do not click on any links in a suspicious SMS.
- Do not forward the SMS to anyone else.
- Perform a factory resetting for the phone devices if subscribers suspect they are infected with malware.
- Report the Fake Numbers to mobile operators.
To make a report on this matter, reach out to us on our Digi Website by clicking here.
Rest assured that Digi is actively taking measures to ensure our customers do not fall prey to such scams.
- We have all the tips you need to keep yourself protected from phishing or scam activities just like this. Find out more here.