We have noticed reports of a group impersonating Digi and reaching out to our customers with false claims that they have won rebates and vouchers.
Here's a breakdown of the various tricks and modus operandi used by scammers that you should be aware of:
- The scam involves sending a WhatsApp message with a fraudulent URL (https://redeemvoucer.wixsite.com/my-site) and requesting the victim to click on it. This URL is designed to deceive the customer into revealing their online banking username and password.
- After the victim enters their information, the scammer instructs them to click 'claim' to receive the voucher and rebate.
- They also advise the victim not to log in to their bank account due to processing reasons.
- The call is subsequently transferred to an individual claiming to be from the Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) treasurer's office and then to the BNM tax department.
- The scammer's objective is to delay the victim from realizing that their money is being transferred without their consent.