Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Pay via Digi for Google Play Store?
Pay via Digi for Google Play Store enables you to make digital subscription purchases on any Android devices by paying with your Digi monthly bill or prepaid balance.
2. Are all the apps in Google Play Store chargeable?
No, most of the apps are free to download. However, some apps require purchase on a freemium basis. Freemium means the apps are free to download but have in-app purchases. In-app purchases are credits/ points that you need to buy while going through the application, mostly applicable in games.
3. I want to find out more about purchases on Google Play. Where can I look for information?
Using the Play Store app
Step 1: On your mobile device, open the Play Store
Step 2: At the top right, tap your profile icon
Step 3: Tap 'Payments & subscriptions' > 'Budget & history'
Step 4: Tap 'Purchase history'
Step 1: Go to Google Play Website play.google.com.
Step 2: At the top right, select your profile icon
Step 3: Select 'Payments & subscriptions' > 'Budget & Order history'
Step 4: Review your orders
On your computer:
Step 1: Go to Google Pay Website pay.google.com
Step 2: To view order history:
- Individual orders: Click 'Activity'
- Subscriptions: Click 'Subscriptions and services'
On your mobile device:
Step 1: Go to Google Pay Website pay.google.com.
Step 2: On the top left, tap 'Menu'
Step 3: To view order history:
- Individual orders: Tap 'Activity'
- Subscriptions: Tap 'Subscriptions and services'
4. Who is this Pay via Digi for Google Play Store applicable for?
This is applicable for Digi Prepaid and Digi Postpaid mobile customers.
5. How do I set up Pay via Digi for Google Play Store?
Just follow the simple steps below for a one-time setup.
Step 1: From the app you want to purchase, click on the price button
Step 2: Accept the access condition
Step 3: Click 'Continue' to set up payment method
Step 4: Select 'Enable Digi billing'
Step 5: Enter your name and address – for billing reference
Step 6: Select 'Buy' to proceed with the purchase with Digi billing
Step 7: Enter your Google password and select 'Confirm'
6. Will I get notifications after purchasing?
Yes, you will get an email notification to your Google mail ID, and the app purchased will appear under the My Apps section of Google Play™ Store.
7. What if I want to cancel my purchase?
You can cancel the purchase as long as it is within the Google refund policy window (2 hours). From Google Play Store, select the purchased app, and you will see the option to request for refund.
8. Can I get details of all the purchases I made in Google Play?
You will receive notification or confirmation from Google via email on purchases made in Google Play Store. These notifications are sent to you in real-time after your purchase. A detailed history of your transactions on Google Play is also available on your Google Wallet page.
9. What happens to my purchased/ downloaded apps when I switch to a new Android device?
As long as you are using the same Google account, the apps that you have purchased/ downloaded will be detected, and you will be able to re-install without purchasing again.
10. How will the charges be reflected for Prepaid and Postpaid?
For Digi Prepaid customers, purchases will be deducted from your credit – please ensure you have sufficient credit. Purchases for Digi Postpaid customers will be billed in the next bill cycle.
11. How do I prevent unwanted and accidental Pay via Digi for Google Play Store purchases?
You can refer here on how to enhance your Google Account Security on the Pay via Digi for Google Play Store purchase.
12. How do I report some unrecognized charges in my mobile phone bill?
For digital contents (e.g., movies, books, etc.) / apps, in-app items within 65 days of purchase, and user has a Google account, please fill in this form. Otherwise, please contact Google Play Help. For apps and in-app items over 65 days of purchase, please contact app developer. Refer to this article on how to contact an Android app's developer.
13. How do I enhance Google account security with extra authentication for Pay via Digi for Google Play Store purchase?
Just follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Open the Google Play app
Step 2: At the top right, tap the profile icon
Step 3: Tap 'Settings' > 'Authentication' > Require authentication for purchases via Google
Step 4: Done